What is a Lighting Control System?
It is an intelligent network that has the ability to control individual lights or groups of lights from a single user interface device such as a keypad. Lighting control systems serve to provide the right amount of light where and when it is needed. Lighting control systems typically provide the ability to automatically adjust a lighting device’s output based on chronological time (time of day); astronomical time (sunrise/sunset) and program logic (combination of events).
Benefits for Homeowners:
- Refined wall space with fewer switches: When every detail of a design counts, what goes on the wall can make all the difference. The Homeowner will be able to control individual or group of lights from a wall mounted Keypad that will have several button controls for all the lights in the space.
- Ambiance – Set the Scene: A lighting control system has the ability to create just the right light for any activity or mood. The Homeowner will have the power to transform any space within the key areas at the touch of a button.
- Never have to worry about your Landscape Lights: A light control system can provide an astronomical time clock that always knows when its sunrise and sunset so your landscape lights always know when to turn on or off.
- Dimming lights save energy and extends the life of your bulbs. All layers of light will be set at a lower intensity – you won’t even notice the difference.
- No longer have to travel from room to room to turn off the lights: By simply touching the “All Off” button on your Keypad.